MediaTek Helio G80 chipset unveiled
- The new MediaTek Helio G80 joins the G70-series and G90-series in the Taiwanese semiconductor company’s gaming-focused SoC lineup.
- As the name suggests, the Helio G80 sits right in the middle of the pack and it’s based on a 12 nm fabrication process.
- It comprises of an octa-core CPU two high-power ARM Cortex A75 cores clocked at 2.0 GHz and six ARM Cortex A55 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz. The GPU here is Mali-G52 running at 950 MHz and it also supports HyperEngine mobile gaming enhancement.
- On the camera front, this MediaTek SoC supports 48MP single camera and 16MP + 16MP dual cameras. Also baked in is support for AI Face ID, dual camera bokeh effect, hardware warping engine (EIS) and rolling shutter compensation (RSC) engine.
- Other specs of the G80 includes support for a max display resolution of 2520 x 1080 pixels, up to 8GB of RAM and eMMC 5.1 storage.