MediaTek Helio G85 SoC officially revealed
- The new Helio G85 SoC, which is confirmed to power the upcoming Redmi Note 9 smartphone, has been officially detailed by MediaTek.
- The Helio G85 features two Cortex-A75 cores clocked at 2.0 GHz and six Cortex-A55 cores running at 1.8 GHz. On the GPU front, Mali-G52 is now clocked at 1 GHz, which is a slight improvement over the G80’s 950 MHz.
- Other popular features from the Helio G80 like voice on wakeup and enhanced HyperEngine Game technology are very much present on the G85 as well.
- MediaTek claims that the G85 has intelligent prediction of Wi-Fi and LTE concurrency. So, it can switch between networks in just 13 ms in order to give a lag-free connection.
- Much like other Helio G-series chipsets, this one is also expected to power budget smartphones below the Rs 15,000 price range.