Mercedes-AMG GT R Roadster unleashed
- Around 3 years after the AMG GT R Coupe’s debut, the droptop avatar of the sportscar has been revealed with a 750 unit limited run.
- The Mercedes-AMG GT R Roadster’s three-layered fabric roof is carried over from other GT Roadsters. In The GT R’s case, this makes it 80 kg heavier versus the coupe.
- Despite that additional heft though, the rigidity improvements ensure that the droptop takes just 3.6 seconds to reach from 0-100 km/h, which is the same as its coupe counterpart.
- Providing mechanical force to the AMG GT R Roadster is the familiar twin-turbo 4.0-litre V8 engine that generates 577 bhp of power and 700 Nm of torque. The 7-speed dual-clutch transmission is carried over from the coupe as well.
- The Mercedes-AMG GT R Roadster will be up for sale in key global markets beginning April 2019. Since its production is limited, we doubt if it will ever make it to India.