Mercedes-Benz E-Class facelift revealed
- The current Merc E-Class has received its first facelift and it is a substantial one. It will launch globally towards the end of this year and we can expect its India launch to happen around that time.
- While the pre-facelift E-Class used Merc’s last-gen design language, the updated version undergoes major changes to make it look more in line with the CLS and A-Class saloon. Along with the front, the rear end – with its new long tail lamps – also sees big changes on this new model.
- Changes on the inside of the E-Class facelift are relatively minor, with its overall dashboard layout remains quite identical. However, there’s a new steering wheel with capacitive controls and updated MBUX infotainment system as well.
- Mechanically, along with 4-cylinder & 6-cylinder petrol & diesel engines, you also get a 4-cylinder petrol-hybrid option. The powerful AMG E53 uses a 3.0-litre twin-turbo engine that’s good for 435 bhp and 520 Nm.
- The Mercedes-Benz E-Class competes with the BMW 5 Series, Jaguar XF, Volvo S90, Audi A6 and Lexus ES in the Indian market.