Mercedes-Benz G-Wagen diesel launched at Rs 1.50 crore
- The new Mercedes-Benz G350d, which is the diesel version of the popular G-Class/ G-Wagen, has been launched in India at Rs 1.50 crore (ex-showroom).
- Until now, the G-Wagen has been sold in India only in the full-blown AMG petrol avatar. For comparison, the AMG G63 is priced at Rs 2.19 crore which makes the new diesel model cheaper by almost Rs 70 lakh!
- The diesel engine here is a 3.0-litre, inline-6 unit which generates 282 bhp of max power and 600 Nm of peak torque. A 9-speed automatic transmission comes standard here, so does the 4Matic system with a 40:60 power split.
- On the equipment front, the G350d comes with LED headlamps & tail lights, 18-inch alloy wheels, 12.3-inch driver’s display, 12.3-inch infotainment system with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto, ambient lighting, 3-zone automatic climate control, etc.
- If that’s not all, numerous optional equipment such as Multibeam LED headlamps, 360-degree camera, 19/ 20-inch alloys, front seats with massage function, etc. is also on offer.