Mercedes-Benz GLB unveiled
- The new Mercedes-Benz GLB is the German brand’s latest small SUV which is set to take on the Audi Q3, Volvo XC40 and BMW X1.
- Previewed as the Concept GLB not too long ago, the production-spec GLB retains the squarish aesthetics of the former which give it a rather butch appearance. It sits atop Merc’s front-wheel-drive MFA II platform.
- Measuring 4,634 mm in length, the GLB is actually 21 mm longer than the more premium GLC which means that it can accommodate a third row of seats making it a 7-seater.
- Globally, the car will come powered by two 4-cylinder petrol and one 4-cylinder diesel engine options with varying states of tune. A 7-speed or an 8-speed gearbox will come standard depending on the engine chosen. Merc’s 4Matic all-wheel-drive will also be offered on certain powertrain options.
- Given the rising popularity of SUVs, we’re positive that the Mercedes-Benz GLB will make its way to India quite soon. Expect it to be priced around Rs 40 lakh ex-showroom.