MG Hector Plus production commences in India
- The new MG Hector Plus, which will launch in India next month, is now being manufactured at MG’s Halol plant in Gujarat.
- Around 40 mm longer than the standard Hector, the Hector Plus is said to be initially offered as a 6-seater with captain chairs in its second row. In future, there may be a 7-seat version as well. For comparison, the standard Hector is a 5-seater.
- Aesthetically, the MG Hector Plus looks cleaner than its younger sibling thanks to less chrome at the front, an all-black grille, different bumpers and smaller tail lamps.
- Mechanically, the new Plus model will not have any change. So, expect it to be offered with the same 1.5-litre turbo-petrol and 2.0-litre diesel engines just like the standard version.
- The Hector Plus will be the first of the upcoming ‘Plus’ mid-size SUVs. Its two new rivals – Tata Gravitas (longer Harrier) and 7-seat Creta – should also launch by the end of this year.