MG Hector revealed; India launch next month
- The much-anticipated MG Hector has been fully revealed before its June 2019 launch. It is expected to be priced around Rs 15-20 lakh.
- The design of the upcoming SUV had already been digitally revealed, but this time around, we also know how the Hector’s cabin will look like. It has a smart and uncluttered layout with the company’s large vertically-oriented iSmart infotainment display taking the centre stage.
- The Hector is 4,655 mm in length which makes it longer than the Tata Harrier as well as the Mahindra XUV500. Its boot capacity stands at 587 litres.
- The Hector will be offered in 4 variants. The top-end one will come loaded with goodies like 360-degree camera, panoramic sunroof, heated wing mirrors, rain-sensing wipers, automatic headlights, ambient lighting, 6 airbags, etc.
- The MG Hector will be offered with two engines – a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol and a Fiat-sourced 2.0-litre diesel. The former is tuned to generate 141 bhp/ 250 Nm, while the latter makes 167 bhp/ 350 Nm. A 6-speed manual gearbox will be standard with both engines, while the petrol will also come with a 6-speed dual-clutch auto.
- MG will also offer a 48V mild-hybrid petrol variant on the petrol-manual Hector. This system will return 12 per cent more fuel economy than the standard petrol version. It will also get up to 20 Nm of extra torque at low speeds.
- In terms of ARAI-rated fuel economy figures, the petrol-manual is rated at 14.16 km/l, the petrol-auto at 13.96 km/l and the diesel is rated at 17.41 km/l.