Nissan Magnite compact SUV officially teased
- The upcoming Nissan Magnite, a compact SUV which will sit below the Kicks, has been officially teased before its official reveal on July 16.
- From the teaser, it’s evident that the Maginite will have a bold semi-SUV design thanks to its thick cladding and faux skid plates.
- What’s worth noting is that the octagonal grille and the L-shaped DRL look more Datsun than Nissan, and that’s because the Magnite was supposed to wear the Datsun badge, but the plan was changed during the final stages of the development cycle.
- The sub-4-metre SUV was originally scheduled for August 2020 launch, however, due to the pandemic related delays, the launch is now pushed back to early next year.
- It’s interesting to note that Nissan’s alliance partner, Renault, is also preparing its sister version of the Magnite, which will most likely be called Kiger. The latter should launch in India earlier, possible around October 2020.