Nokia 9 PureView launched in India
- The Nokia 9 PureView, which is the world’s only mainstream smartphone with 5 rear cameras, has been launched in India at Rs 49,999. It will be sold via Flipkart and Nokia India website.
- Nokia is also offering a gift card of Rs 5,000, as well as free Nokia 705 truly wireless earbuds, for free with this phone as a part of its launch offer.
- The Penta rear camera setup of the Nokia 9 PureView includes all 12 MP f/1.8 modules. However, two of these sensors are RGB, while the other three are monochrome. The phone combines photos from all sensors to produce a single shot with a super-high dynamic. The 5 cameras can also gather up to 1200 layers of depth data for bokeh.
- Accompanying the 5 rear cameras is a sixth Time of Flight (ToF) sensor as well. Up front, the device sports a 20MP f/1.8 camera inside its fairly thick top bezel.
- Powering the Nokia 9 is last year’s Snapdragon 845 SoC along with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. It has a 5.99-inch OLED display with an optical in-display fingerprint scanner. Backing everything up is a 3,320mAh battery.