Oppo Reno 2, Reno 2Z launched in India; Reno 2F revealed
Oppo has updated its camera-focused Reno lineup with the introduction of 3 new phones under the Reno 2 banner.
Oppo Reno 2
- The Reno 2 is the most premium model here with its price being Rs 36,990.
- Its highlight is its 13MP telephoto rear camera that is capable of 20x digital zoom (with 5x hybrid zoom). There are 3 more rear cameras – 48MP f/1.7 primary sensor, 8MP ultra-wide-angle sensor and 2MP monochrome sensor.
- Powering the Oppo Reno 2 is a Snapdragon 730G SoC with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage. Its battery capacity stands at 4,000mAh and 20W VOOC 3.0 fast charging comes standard.
- The display here is a 6.5-inch AMOLED unit with no notch or hole punch thanks to the unique ‘shark fin’ elevating unit which houses the Reno 2’s 16MP selfie camera.
Oppo Reno 2Z
- The Reno 2Z price in India stands at Rs 30,000.
- It’s a toned-down version of the Reno 2 where the telephoto camera is swapped with a 2MP depth sensor. Also, the primary 48MP camera here has no OIS.
- Powering the Oppo Reno 2Z is MediaTek’s Helio P90 SoC that’s paired with 8GB RAM and 256GB of internal storage. It battery capacity and fast charging tech is same as the Reno 2.
- The screen here is a 6.53-inch AMOLED unit, which again, is truly bezel-less. However, the 2Z has a standard pop-up housing for its 16MP selfie camera, not the shark fin-type.
Oppo Reno 2F
- The price of the Oppo Reno 2F has not been announced as yet since it will go on sale only in November. However, going by the specs, it’s evident that this will be the entry point into the Reno 2 series.
- While this phone is same as the 2Z in terms of design, display and battery, it comes powered by the lower-spec Helio P70 SoC instead. The RAM is still 8GB, but the ROM has been reduced to 128GB.
- The primary camera of the Reno 2F is 48MP, but it consists uses the Samsung ISOCELL GM1 sensor instead of the Sony IMX586. Also, the aperture here is f/1.79. However, all other cameras are identical to the 2Z.
More tech news: