Oppo Reno, Reno 10x Zoom Edition official
The much-anticipated Oppo Reno series has gone official in China today. It consists of two phones with different specs. These phones will launch globally (including in India) on April 24.
Oppo Reno 10x Zoom Edition
- The 10x Zoom Edition introduces Oppo’s 10x lossless zoom tech which was showcased at the 2019 MWC. For this, it has a 13MP periscope camera with a focal length of 160 mm.
- The rear, in total, has 3 cameras. In addition to the telephoto lens, there’s a 48MP f/1.7 (Sony IMX586) primary shooter and an 8MP ultra-wide lens.
- Up front, there’s a 16MP selfie shooter packed inside a unique shark fin style pop-up mechanism. This grants the phone a truly bezel-less design.
- Other specs of the Reno 10x Zoom Edition are flagship-grade as well. There’s a Snapdragon 855 SoC, 6/ 8GB of RAM, 128GB/ 265GB of internal storage, a 6.65-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with an optical fingerprint reader and a 4,065mAh battery with VOOC 3.0 fast charging.
- The standard Oppo Reno loses the hyped 10x zoom periscope lens for cost-saving. It also replaces the ultra-wide camera with a 5MP depth sensor.
- However, the primary rear camera and the front camera on it are shared with the 10x Zoom Edition.
- The standard Reno also has the less powerful Snapdragon 710 SoC but its RAM and ROM options remain the same.
- The display on this phone is slightly smaller at 6.4-inch. However, its still an AMOLED with FHD+ resolution and an in-display fingerprint reader.
- Finally, the Reno’s battery capacity is 3,756mAh that’s backed by VOOC 3.0 fast charging support.