PSA-FCA merger named Stellantis
- Last year Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) and Groupe PSA agreed to a 50-50 merger. Now, the merged entity has been officially named as Stellantis.
- The merger princess will be completed by the first quarter of 2021 which will make Stellantis the fourth largest carmaker in the world.
- Stellantis will include FCA brands – Fiat, Chrysler, Jeep, Maserati, Dodge, Ram, SRT, Abarth and Lancia, as well as PSA brands – Peugeot, Citroen, DS Automobiles, Opel and Vauxhall.
- It is worth noting that this merger is being currently investigated by the European Union as there are concerns that Stellantis would have a considerable 34 per cent share of the regional market.
- In India, Citroen is already planning to debut next year. However, after the merger, it may launch under its new corporate entity and might be sold alongside Jeep and Fiat vehicles.