Qualcomm 3D Sonic Max fingerprint scanner official with 2 finger recognition
- Qualcomm has revealed its second-generation ultrasonic in-display fingerprint scanner, called 3D Sonic Max.
- Around 17x larger than the first-generation scanner (seen on Samsung S10 and Note 10-series), the 3D Sonic Max has support for two simultaneous fingerprints for unlocking!
- Also, since the fingerprint recognition area is significantly larger than any other fingerprint scanner, users don’t have to place their fingers precisely on a particular spot on the display.
- Interestingly, while Samsung has not yet confirmed the use of this scanner on its upcoming Galaxy S11-series, there are rumours that Apple might use it in 2020 iPhones. However, nothing is official as of now.
- Also, we can expect Qualcomm’s new ultrasonic scanner to be used in many Android devices, unlike the first-gen model which was exclusively seen on Samsung flagships this year.