Redmi 8A launched with 5,000mAh battery, improved camera
- The Xiaomi Redmi 8A is now official in India and it has been priced at Rs 6,499-6,999 depending on the variant chosen. Its sales will commence from September 30 via Mi.com and Flipkart.
- The Redmi 8A has a 6.22-inch notched IPS display of HD+ resolution which is backed by a massive 5,000mAh battery. Also standard is a USB-C port with support for 18W fast charging. However, the fast charger is sold separately.
- The device has a new 12MP single rear camera with a Sony IMX363 sensor and a bright f/1.8 aperture – quite commendable for the price. Up front, the phone has an 8MP selfie camera.
- Powering the new Redmi 8A is a Snapdragon 439 SoC. Two storage variants are offered – 2GB/ 32GB and 3GB/ 32GB. The internal storage is also expandable via a microSD card.
- However, the phone lacks a fingerprint scanner, so users have to rely either on old school pin/ pattern or the insecure camera face unlock to secure their phones.