Redmi Band official with colour display, direct USB charging
- Expanding its budget-oriented Redmi brand’s portfolio, Xiaomi has made the Redmi Band official in China. Currently, the India launch of this band remains unconfirmed.
- It will go on sale in China on April 9 via crowdfunding. The crowdfunding price tag is 95 yuan (~Rs 1,018), while the retail price is set at 99 yuan (~Rs 1,060).
- The Redmi Band is positioned below the Mi Band 4 and is a direct rival to the recently-launched Realme Band. In fact, the former also looks quite similar to the latter.
- The band has a 1.08-inch rectangular colour display with 4 separate colour options for its silicon strap – orange, olive green, blue and black.
- In terms of convenience, the Realme Band supports direct USB charging along with a claimed 14-day battery life from a full charge.
- Fitness features of the band include 5 sports modes, optical heart rate sensor and sleep monitoring.