Redmi Note 8 Pro, Redmi Note 8 break cover
The new Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro and Redmi Note 8 have officially been revealed in China. Expect these phones to launch soon here in India.
Redmi Note 8 Pro
- The much-anticipated Note 8 Pro has a starting price of CNY1,399 (~ Rs 14,000) in China.
- This is the world’s first smartphone with the 64MP Samsung GW1 sensor for its primary rear camera with an aperture of f/1.8. There are 3 other cameras at the back – 8MP ultra-wide, 2MP macro and 2MP depth sensor.
- The Note 8 Pro is also the first phone to have the gaming-centric Helio G90T chipset (with liquid-cooling). Here it comes paired with 6GB or 8GB of RAM and 64GB or 128GB of internal storage.
- The display on this phone consists of 6.53-inch FHD+ LCD panel with a U-shaped notch which houses a 20MP selfie shooter. Since the display is an LCD, the fingerprint scanner here is an old-school rear-mounted type.
- The battery on the Note 8 Pro is also pretty huge at 4,500mAh and it supports 18W fast-charging as well.
Redmi Note 8
- The standard Redmi Note 8 is priced starting at CNY999 (~ Rs 10,000) in China.
- The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 uses a smaller 6.3-inch display, but its resolution remains the same. Because of the smaller screen, the battery, too, is smaller at 4,000mAh, but it retains the fast charging support nonetheless.
- Powering the Redmi Note 8 is a Snapdragon 665 SoC, same as the recently-launched Mi A3. The chipset is paired with 4GB or 6GB of RAM, while the internal storage options on offer remain the same as the Pro model.
- The camera setup here is mostly the same as the Note 8 Pro, but the primary rear camera consists of the 48MP Samsung GM2 sensor instead.
More tech news: