Renault Captur discontinued in India
- Renault Captur, the French company’s biggest failure in India in recent years, has been removed from the official website, and media reports claim that this SUV is now gone for good.
- Launched in late 2017 as a flagship product, the Captur failed to gain mass attention in India. Stiff competition from the previous-gen Creta and Renault’s own Duster ensured that the Captur’s sales never really took off.
- Presently, the mid-SUV segment is flooded with newer can much more capable rivals like the Kia Seltos, new Hyundai Creta and Nissan Kicks, and therefore, it looks like Renault has given up on the Captur altogether.
- Alliance Partner Nissan’s Kicks shares a lot of mechanicals with the Captur. The former recently got a powerful new turbo-petrol engine, but Renault has decided to introduce the same engine in its ageing Duster instead since it still enjoys some decent fan following.
- The 2020 Renault Captur facelift has been introduced in Russia very recently, but it looks like the updated model will not make it to India.