Renault Kwid facelift launched in India
- The 2019 Renault Kwid facelift has been launched in India at a starting price of Rs 2.83 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). As before, it will be sold in 5 variants – Standard, RxE, RxL, RxT and Climber.
- Aesthetically, the Kwid now features a cool new face with a split headlamp setup which includes the trending eyebrow-style DRLs. The car now also gets updated grille, reprofiled bumpers, and new LED elements for the tail lamps. The Climber trim also features faux skid plates, roof rails and orange accents.
- On the inside, the car has a refreshed cabin with its new 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system (with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay) taking the centre stage. Also seen are the new instrument cluster and steering wheel form the Triber MPV.
- In terms of powertrain options, the Kwid remains unchanged. So, you get the same pair of 3-cylinder petrol engines – an 800 cc unit with 53 bhp and a 1-litre engine with 67 bhp. As before, a 5-speed manual gearbox comes standard, while the more powerful motor also gets the option of a 5-speed AMT.
- Aside from the slow-selling Datsun Redigo, the 2019 Renault Kwid facelift is also aimed at the newly launched Maruti Suzuki S-Presso micro-SUV.