Renault Triber 7-seater MPV teased
- Two days ahead of its official debut, the new Renault Triber MPV has been officially teased, thereby partially revealing its Kwid-inspired front end.
- For those unaware, the Triber is Renault’s upcoming compact 7-seater MPV which is based on a modified version of the company’s CMF-A platform. It is likely to be one of the most affordable MPVs on sale in India.
- While the front may be Kwid-inspired, the Renault Triber’s overall design looks quite rugged and inline with Renault’s global SUVs. Roof rails and LED DRLs add to the premium vibe.
- Powering this car will the same 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine that’s found under the Kwid’s bonnet. However, reports claim that this engine will be tuned to make more power on the Triber, which makes sense since it will be much heavier than the former.
- Transmission option at launch will just be a 5-speed manual but a 5-speed AMT may be introduced in future.