Royal Enfield Meteor 350 launched at Rs 1.76 lakh
- Royal Enfield has replaced its Thunderbird 350 with the all-new Meteor 350. It carries a price range of Rs 1.76-1.91 lakh (ex-showroom).
- The Meteor 350 is a purpose-made cruiser motorcycle that employs a brand new double-downtube cradle frame. It also features forward-set footpegs and high handlebars.
- Powering this new RE model is a newly-developed, 349cc, air-cooled, single-cylinder engine with fuel injection. It generates 20 bhp at 6,100rpm and 27 Nm at 4,000rpm. This new engine is paired to a 5-speed transmission.
- Suspension duties on the Meteor are handled by 41mm telescopic front fork with 130mm travel, and twin shock absorbers at the rear with 6-step preload adjustment.
- Braking duties are handled by a 300 mm disc up front and a 270 mm disc at the rear. Dual-channel ABS comes standard.
- The instrument cluster of the RE Meteor 350 features an analogue-digital main dial that is accompanied by a unique secondary ‘Tripper Navigation’ pod which displays turn-by-turn navigation via the companion smartphone app.
- Almost 6 kilos lighter than the Thunderbird 350, the Meteor comes in 3 variants – Fireball, Stellar and Supernova. The top-spec Supernova variant is made for touring as it comes with a windscreen as well as a pillion backrest.