Royal Enfield reveals the final Classic 500
- Royal Enfield has confirmed that its 500 cc UCE engine will be discontinued once the BS6 regulations come into effect, i.e., from April 1, 2020. Consequently, the Bullet 500, Classic 500 and Thunderbird 500 will be phased out.
- Therefore, the Classic 500 Tribute Black Limited Edition has been revealed as the last hurrah to the RE 500 series. It will launch on February 10 and will be sold exclusively online between 2-5 pm on the same day.
- The exclusive paint scheme on this exclusive Royal Enfield is black with gold stripes, somewhat the same as seen on the Bullet 350. It will also have a black silencer and golden rim tapes.
- Interestingly, each motorcycle will carry an exclusive hallmark commemorative ‘End of Build’ serial number, somewhat making it a collector’s edition for RE enthusiasts.
- Moving forward, Royal Enfield’s range in India will include 3 engines – 350 cc ( Bullet, Classic and Thunderbird), 411 cc (Himalayan) and 650 cc (Interceptor and Continental GT).