Samsung Galaxy Fold new launch date to be revealed soon
- The Samsung Galaxy Fold, which was originally scheduled to release on April 26, was delayed owing to some serious display issues.
- Now, Samsung CEO DJ Koh, in an interview with The Korean Herald, has said that the company “has reviewed the defect caused from substances (that entered the device), and we will reach a conclusion in a couple of days (on the launch)”.
- Early review units of the Galaxy Fold saw their displays dying after reviewers mistakenly removed a screen protector-like film on top of the display. Worse, on certain review units, this film started coming out by itself, thereby damaging the folding screen.
- Priced at $1,980 in the US, the Galaxy Fold will allegedly still be the world’s first widely available phone with a foldable display. Huawei’s Mate X, which is based on a similar concept, will go on sale later this year.
- The Galaxy Fold was to arrive in India shortly after its global launch. However, due to delays, it remains to be seen when we’ll get to experience this unique device on our shores.
More tech news:
Samsung reveals 64MP, 48MP phone camera sensors