Samsung Galaxy Fold ready for September launch
- The slightly redesigned Samsung Galaxy Fold is confirmed to launch globally in September this year.
- In order to fix the screen failure issues which plagued the early units of this phone, Samsung has strengthened the top and bottom hinge areas with new protection caps. There will also be additional protection around the hinge area to keep dust particles away.
- Also, the top protective layer of the Fold’s ‘Infinity Flex’ display has been extended beyond the bezel so that buyers do not mistake it for a screen protector (removing this layer damages the display).
- Samsung also claims to have optimed more apps for the Galaxy Fold’s UI so that apps can be used seamlessly between the main and the outer supplementary displays.
- There is no word regarding the updated phone’s pricing though. Originally, the Galaxy Fold was priced at US $1,980 and we expect the updated model to retain this price tag.