Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G unveiled
- Samsung has revealed the 5G-capable version of the Galaxy Z Flip folding smartphone. It is priced at USD 1,450 (1.08 lakh).
- The only major change on Z Flip 5G over the jaguar 4G variant is its new chipset, which is the Snapdragon 865+. For comparison, the 4G version gets last year’s Snapdragon 855+.
- Other minor changes include two new colours – Mystic Bronze and Mystic Grey – and the fact that the 5G version is 0.1mm thicker at the hinge.
- Otherwise, every other thing on the Galaxy Z Flip’s 5G and 4G variants are shared.
- It remains to be seen this phone launches in India. While 5G doesn’t really matter here, potential customers will definitely benefit from its more capable chipset versus the 4G model.