Samsung Galaxy Z Flip may cost USD 1,400
- A new report claims that Samsung’s upcoming folding display phone, Galaxy Z Flip (previously rumoured to be Galaxy Bloom), will likely cost USD 1,400 (~Rs 1 lakh).
- Samsung Z Flip is expected to launch in the US ahead of the S20-series on February 14. The latter will be revealed on February 11 but will launch only in early March.
- The Z Flip is Samsung’s take on the reborn Motorola Razr with a similar iconic clamshell form factor which was extremely popular in the 2000s. The Razr’s price is set at USD 1,500.
- Coming to rumoured specs, the Z Flip will feature a vertically folding 6.7-inch Infinity-O display, 1-inch external display, dual main cameras, Snapdragon 855+ SoC and a 3,300mAh battery.
- Separately, Samsung is also rumoured to be developing a direct successor to the current Galaxy Fold, the Galaxy Fold 2, which will have the same book-like folding design of its predecessor and more premium specs than the Z Flip. It might be revealed in mid-2020.
Just head from a new source:
Samsung's Galaxy Z Flip will likely launch on February 14th. It retails at $1400. It's possible it is an AT&T exclusive again, but this time it might be a timed exclusive. It will also be available unlocked.
— Max Weinbach (@MaxWinebach) January 27, 2020