Skoda Karoq bookings open in India
- The Skoda Karoq, which was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo, can now be booked in India. Its launch will take place next month, with deliveries expected to commence from May.
- The Karoq sits below the Kodiaq is Skoda’s global lineup. However, the catch is that the former will be launched via the CBU route, thereby making it pretty expensive. Expect a launch price of over Rs 20 lakh for this SUV.
- Powering this vehicle will be a 1.5-litre TSI turbo-petrol engine with 148 bhp of power and 250 Nm of torque. The sole gearbox option on offer will be a 7-speed DSG automatic.
- Being a CBU, the Skoda Karoq will be sold in a fully-loaded single-spec trim which will come equipped with all goodies like 9 airbags, panoramic sunroof, digital driver’s display, dual-zone climate control, etc.
- The Karoq will compete with the Jeep Compass and the upcoming VW T-Roc (also a CBU) in the Indian market.