Skoda Rapid TSI AT launched at Rs 9.49 lakh
- Skoda has launched the automatic variants of the Rapid TSI in India which have been priced at Rs 9.49-13.29 lakh (ex-showroom). It is worth noting that all variants of the C-sedan get the automatic option.
- In terms of pricing, the automatic variants are around Rs 1.3-1.5 lakh dearer than the corresponding manual variants.
- The new transmission in question is an Aisin-sourced 6-speed torque-converter unit. It is mated to the 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder turbo petrol engine that pumps out 108 bhp and 175 Nm.
- The claimed fuel efficiency of the Rapid AT is 16.42 m/l (ARAI-certified), which is around 2.5 km/l lesser than its manual counterpart.
- Other C-sedans with a torque converter AT gearbox include the Vento and Ciaz. On the other hand, the City and Yaris come with a CVT, while the Verna offers both a CVT and a DCT depending on the petrol engine chosen.