Snapdragon 865 to launch on December 3; key specs leaked
- Qualcomm’s next flagship SoC, Snapdragon 865, will go official on December 3 at the Snapdragon Tech Summit. This chipset will power most Android flagship and flagship killer phones of 2020.
- According to a new leak, the Snapdragon 865 will have an octa-core setup just like its predecessor. It will also use the same 1+3+4 core arrangement as the 855.
- The upcoming chip’s CPU is said to have 1 x 2.84 GHz Cortex-A77 core, 3 x 2.42 GHz Cortex-A77 cores, and 4 x 1.8 GHz Cortex-A55 cores. Cortex-A77 is claimed to be 20 per cent better in performance when compared to Cortex-A76.
- Furthermore, the GPU here will be the new Adreno 650 clocked at 587 MHz, which, again, is said to be around 20 per cent better than its predecessor.
- The Snapdragon 865 will be a 7 nm mobile SoC which is also expected to have an integrated 5G modem, which will likely be the Snapdragon X55.