Sony Mobile to quit India
- Sony has officially revealed that its ailing mobile division will undergo some major changes as a part of its new corporate strategy. Consequently, it will quit many major markets, India included.
- Sony Mobile’s new focus regions now include Japan, Europe, Taiwan and Hong Kong. Everywhere else where the company sold phones are now its defocused regions, and these regions will see Sony Mobile’s exit soon.
- The company’s objective is to make its mobile division profitable starting with the 2020 financial year.
- Here in India, Sony Mobile has been pretty inactive since 2018. Its last major launch was the Xperia XZ2 last year, but even that phone was hardly advertised and therefore didn’t find many takers.
- After this development, Sony becomes the latest mobile brand after HTC which has failed to sustain in front of the increasingly competitive Chinese rivals from Xiaomi, Huawei, Vivo, OnePlus, etc.
More tech news: