Sony WH-1000XM4 ANC headphones revealed
- Sony’s segment-leading premium headphones have been upgraded for 2020. The WH-1000XM4 has been launched at USD 350 (~Rs 26,200).
- There are a lot of changes under the hood here, especially when it comes to active noise cancellation (ANC). The QN1 noise-canceling chipset now gets new SoC and algorithms that sample music and ambient noise 700 times per second for superior ANC.
- Then, there’s a new Adaptive Sound Control feature that learns a user’s frequently visited locations to use a custom sound mode for each of them. This feature can be tweaked via the companion app.
- An impressive new feature on the Sony WH-1000XM4 is its ‘Speak-to-Chat’, which automatically pauses the music when the user starts speaking. Then, 30 seconds after the user stop talking, the music resumes.
- More new features added to XM4s include wear detection, improved microphones, Google Fast Pair support and simultaneous two device support.
- Aesthetically, there isn’t much to differentiate between these new headphones from their predecessors as the overall design remains unchanged. Even the audio hardware and battery life (30 hours) are unchanged.