Tata Altroz iTurbo revealed
- The much-awaited Altroz turbo-petrol version has been officially unveiled as the Tata Altroz iTurbo. It will launch in India on January 22.
- The new engine in question here is a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder turbocharged unit that generates 108bhp and 140Nm. Tata claims a 0-100km/h sprint time of “under 12 seconds” for this variant.
- At launch, the Altroz iTurbo will only be offered with a 5-speed manual gearbox, but a DCT auto variant is confirmed to follow soon.
- Alongside the iTurbo variant, the Tata Altroz gets a new top-end XZ+ variant that features an 8-speaker Harman sound system, leatherette seats, doodle feature for touchscreen wallpaper customisation, and Tata’s Intelligent Real-time Assistant functionality with smart features like geo-fencing.
- Upon launch, the Tata Altroz iTurbo will join the turbo petrol premium hatchback segment which includes the Hyundai i20 Turbo and the Volkswagen Polo GT.