Tata Altroz revealed in production form
- The Tata Altroz premium hatchback has been officially revealed. To be launched in January, the production-spec Altroz looks exactly like the one which was showcased at this year’s Geneva Motor Show.
- Based on Tata’s ‘Impact 2.0’ design language, the car looks quite aggressive with its sweptback headlights, high-mounted fog lamps, sharp character lines, and a unique Nexon-inspired rear design with black accents.
- The Altroz is 3,990 mm long, 1,755 mm wide and 2,501 mm high. It has a boot space of 345 litres (665 litres with the rear seats folded) and its kerb weight is between 1036-1150 kg, depending on the powertrain and variant chosen.
- On the inside, the hatchback, yet again, takes inspiration from the Nexon with its minimalist cabin which features a floating tablet-like 7.0-inch infotainment screen. A standout feature in the cabin is the all-new steering wheel design.
- Coming to engines, the Altroz will be offered with either a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol making 85 bhp/ 113 Nm, or a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel that generates 89 bhp/ 200 Nm. Only a 5-speed manual gearbox will be offered at launch.
- The Tata Altroz, which will rival the Hyundai i20, Maruti Baleno/ Toyota Glanza, and Honda Jazz, is expected to be priced between Rs 5-8 lakh (ex-showroom). Bookings of the car will open on December 4.