Tata Nexon EV launched at Rs 13.99 lakh
- The Tata Nexon EV has been launched in India at Rs 13.99-15.99 lakh (ex-showroom). It will be available in 60 Tata Motors outlets in 22 major cities.
- Powered by Tata’s new ‘Ziptron’ EV tech, the Nexon EV houses a 30.2 kWh lithium-ion battery pack with an 8-year/ 1,60,000 km warranty. These batteries power its electric motor which generates 95 kW (~127 bhp) of power and 245 Nm of torque.
- The claimed range on a single charge is an impressive 312 km. The energy regeneration function on-board can replenish the battery when the vehicle is coasting and braking,
- Using a standard 15A AC charger, the car will fully recharge in 8-9 hours. However, with a CCS2-compatible DC fast charger, 0-80 per cent charge can be replenished in just 1 hour.
- The home charger will be installed free, and additionally, for Nexon EV owners, 300 DC fast chargers will be accessible with preferential rates. This network is claimed to expand to 650 outlets in 2021. That’s not all, Tata mobile charging services will also be provided in 5 major cities.
- The EV also gets the new ‘ZConnect’ connected car system which connects to a smartphone via an app and enables location-based services, vehicle diagnostics, vehicle health monitoring, charge status monitoring, etc.
- Other than that, the Nexon EV remains quite similar to the standard Nexon facelift which was launched a few days back. However, the former does get blue accents on its exterior and interior.