Tata Tiago, Tigor get Apple CarPlay support
- Tata has updated the infotainment system on the Tiago and Tigor with Apple CarPlay support. Android Auto was already offered on this system.
- The Harman-sourced 7-inch infotainment system is only available on the top-end XZ+ variants of both cars. Other goodies on XZ+ include faux leather upholstery, smoked projector headlamps, 15-inch wheels, etc.
- The two cars offer the same 3-cylinder engine options which include one petrol and one diesel. The former is a 1.2-litre unit that makes 84 bhp/ 114 Nm, while the latter is a 1.05-litre unit that produces 69 bhp/ 140 Nm. The petrol is also available in hotter JTP avatar where it generates 113 bhp/ 150 Nm.
- Reports suggest the Tata is testing facelifted version of both Tiago and Tigor which should launch in the second half of this year. Minor updates will ensure that these compact cars stay relevant in the increasingly competitive market.
- Currently, the Tiago retails for Rs 4.27-6.55 lakh, while the Tigor will set you back by Rs 5.48-7.64 lakh, both ex-showroom, Delhi.