Toyota-badged Baleno may be called Glanza
- A new report claims that Toyota’s version of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno will be called Glanza. This would be the first badge-engineered product from the Toyota-Suzuki alliance.
- That’s not all, the Glanza will allegedly launch pretty soon, possibly by the end of this month! A leaked document from the same report shows that the dealer dispatches of the upcoming premium hatchback may start on April 26.
- Compared to the Baleno, the Glanza will feature a different nose which will reflect Toyota’s design language. The rear might see a few modifications as well. However, the overall profile of the two cars will remain unchanged as there won’t be any sheet metal changes.
- Even the interior of the Toyota Glanza will be carried over from its donor car, albeit there may be a few new parts like Toyota-spec steering wheel, gear lever, etc.
- The new hatchback is reported to come powered by the Baleno’s K12B petrol engine, which is a 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder unit that makes 82 bhp and 115 Nm. A 5-speed manual or a CVT gearbox will come standard.
- It’s worth noting that just yesterday, Maruti Suzuki also introduced a new petrol option on the Baleno which combines a brand new 1.2-litre K12C petrol engine with a mild-hybrid SHVS system. The Glanza may not get this engine at launch.