Toyota-badged Suzuki Ciaz, Ertiga confirmed
- As a part of the ongoing alliance between Suzuki and Toyota which focuses on the mutual supply of hybrid and other vehicles between the two Japanese brands, it has been confirmed that the former will supply its Ciaz and Ertiga to the latter.
- Toyota aims to sell badge-engineered versions of Suzuki’s cars in India as well as in Africa. Previously, the Baleno and Vitara Brezza were also confirmed to be supplied to Toyota.
- As of now, it’s not confirmed as to when these badge-engineered Ciaz and Ertiga will be launched. However, it’s confirmed that the Toyota-badged Baleno will launch by the end of this year, while the Toyota-badged Vitara Brezza’s production will commence in 2022.
- Suzuki also aims to help Toyota with developing a new C-segment MPV. This MPV will then also be sold under the Suzuki badge in certain markets.
- Meanwhile, it will be interesting to see how Toyota positions its version of the Ciaz in a segment where it already sells the Yaris. Also, will the Toyota-badged Baleno replace the ageing Etios Liva? Guess we have to wait and find out.