Toyota Fortuner TRD Celebratory Edition launched in India
- It was 2009 when the Toyota Fortuner launched in India. Since this year marks this super-popular SUV’s 10th-anniversary, a special Fortuner TRD Celebratory Edition has been launched at Rs 33.85 lakh (ex-showroom).
- It comes in a new dual-tone colour scheme with pearl white body shade and black roof. The alloys of this model are also painted in black, while there are ample TRD badges all around the vehicle as well. You also get new bumpers with faux skid plates.
- On the inside, the Toyota Fortuner TRD Celebratory Edition gets contrast red stitching on the dashboard and TRD badges. Other equipment remains unchanged when compared to the standard model.
- This edition is only available with the diesel automatic 2WD powertrain option. So, the engine here is a 2.8-litre unit generating 174 bhp and 450 Nm. It comes mated to a 6-speed torque converter auto gearbox.
- Since launch, over 1,60,000 Fortuners have been sold in India. Despite the SUV’s high price, its reliable nature and low maintenance costs have made it the most popular vehicle in the Rs 30-35 lakh price bracket in India.
Read our Fortuner review: