Triumph Speed Twin launched in India
- The Triumph Speed Twin has been launched in India at Rs 9.46 lakh (ex-showroom).
- The Speed Twin uses the 1,200 cc parallel-twin motor from the Bonneville T120 and Thruxton R which generates 96 bhp of max power and 112 Nm of peak torque. Here, the engine uses a revised clutch and new side cases for weight saving.
- The bike is based on a modified Thruxton R chassis which makes it more suited to everyday riding. It has a tapered handlebar as compared to the Thruxton’s aggressively set clip-ons.
- Suspension duties on the Speed Twin are handled by KYB 41 mm cartridge forks and pre-load adjustable twin shocks at the rear.
- The bike sits on 17-inch Pirelli Rosso Corsa 3 tyres which house Brembo 4-piston axial callipers with 305 mm discs at the front and Nissin twin-piston floating calliper with 220 mm disc brake at the rear. Essential safety features such as dual-channel ABS and switchable traction control come standard.