VW T-Roc launched at Rs 19.99 lakh
- The Volkswagen T-Roc SUV has been launched in India. It is imported into the country via the CBU route and is priced at Rs 19.99 lakh (ex-showroom).
- The T-Roc is made for the European market and it features a bold yet funky design with its broad shoulder lines, big wheel arches and VW’s characteristic clean design elements.
- The only engine on offer on the India-spec model is a brand new 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder turbo-petrol unit which makes 148 bhp and 250 Nm. This engine features cylinder deactivation tech which can shut off 2 cylinders when not required to save fuel. It comes mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch auto gearbox as standard.
- The single-spec, fully loaded trim of the VW T-Roc in India offers an 8-inch infotainment system, digital instrument cluster, panoramic sunroof, dual-zone automatic climate control Vienna leather seats, etc as standard.
- It also comes with a decent safety kit – 6 airbags, ABS, EBD, ESC, tyre pressure monitoring system, and rear parking camera.