Xiaomi Mi A2, Redmi Note 6 Pro price slashed
- Xioami’s very popular Mi A2 and Redmi Note 6 Pro have received a price cut in India in order to better compete with the new affordable Samsung phones.
- The Android One running Mi A2’s base variant is now more affordable by Rs 2,000. So, the 4GB/ 64GB option now costs Rs 11,999. However, the 6GB/ 128GB version is still selling at its old price of Rs 15,999.
- In case of the Redmi Note 6 Pro, it’s the exact same story. It’s base 4GB/ 64GB variant is now priced at Rs 11,999, while the 6GB RAM variant continues to retail for RS 15,999.
- Now that these two phones cost the same, it must be noted that the Mi A2 has a superior Snapdragon 660 SoC as compared to the Redmi’s Snapdragon 636. Also, the former’s 12MP + 20MP camera setup is better than the latter’s 12MP + 5MP one.
- However, Note 6 Pro boasts a bigger 4,000mAh battery versus the A2’s 3,000mAh unit. The former also retains the 3.5 mm headphone jack which the A2 skips on.