Xiaomi, Oppo tease in-display selfie camera tech
- Prominent Chinese smartphone makers Oppo and Xiaomi have teased their respective in-display selfie camera technology on Twitter (tweets are embedded below).
- This tech will enable truly bezel-less phones without any pop-up camera, notch, hole-punch or manual sliding mechanism.
- The prototypes shown by both companies have their selfie cameras embedded on the upper-middle of the screen, typically where the camera rests in a waterdrop notch setup.
- It must be noted that both brands have merely teased their respective technology without giving any hint of when this can be implemented in real time.
- However, Oppo’s VP claims that the optical quality of in-display camera sensors is still inferior to regular sensors. So, it may be a while before we see phones with in-display front cameras.
For those seeking the perfect, notchless smartphone screen experience – prepare to be amazed.
Do you want a sneak peek at the future? Here you go…introducing you to Under-Display Camera technology!#Xiaomi #InnovationForEveryone pic.twitter.com/d2HL6FHkh1
— Xiaomi (@Xiaomi) June 3, 2019